We all have faced the situation where we shop hard to find out the best wedding card for the soon-to-be married couple but when we get back home, we don’t know what to write on the card.
There’s good news for you! There are no such hard-and-fast rules about how and what to write in a wedding card. As long as the congratulations message is straight from your heart and it gives a positive vibe to the couple, you’re good to go!
Wedding Wishes – Messages to Write In a Wedding Card
‘Congratulations on your marriage’ are the most common words that you may use while composing a message for the new wed couple.
However, don’t you always want to use words that are unique and different and that convey the same positive message in a different way? If you want your wedding card to stand out in the crowd of other cards, keep reading.
Etiquette of writing wedding card messages
It is needless to mention the fact that wedding cards are common for anyone who wishes to send wedding wishes to a couple that is already married or that is about to get married. Are you someone following a conventional wedding guest etiquette where you wish to get the card to the wedding reception or send it through email to the couple?
Honestly, you may send the card to wherever you want to. You could even send a befitting card in case the wedding is small and you are not invited. Congratulations messages for a wedding couple are anytime welcome!
Is it perfect to write ‘Congratulations’ in the wedding card?
Saying ‘Congratulations’ or even writing it on a card to a woman who has recently married was once deemed to be a faux pas. Women thought that others actually congratulated her on landing a man. Nevertheless, these are things of past and these rules are considered outdated now.
Despite that, if the couple is too traditional or hails from a traditional family, you can totally avoid the term ‘Congratulations’ and rather say ‘best wishes’.
Writing Wedding Congratulations Messages
Wishing a couple congratulations is usually an expression to include in wedding greetings. It is seen as a form of support that lets the couple celebrate the fact that they found a soulmate in each other. No matter which side of the aisle you’re sitting on, saying ‘Congrats’ is always appropriate.
Regardless of whether you’ve been great friends with the bride for several years now or you’ve met the groom in few parties, you will never go wrong with a congratulations message that is sincerely sent. Below mentioned are few of the messages that you can write to a new couple.
- Congratulations to the beautiful couple!
- Your wedding calls for many congratulations and a champagne.
- I wish and hope that you both become best of friends and share every kind of happiness that life can bring to you. Congrats.
- May your married life be filled with all the best ingredients, a pinch of humor, heaps of love, a dash of romance and a spoonful of understanding. May your marital bliss last forever.
- The day of your wedding may just come and go but your love will grow forever. I wish the best for your conjugal life. Congrats.
- Through the storms that live throws at you, may your love always be strong and steadfast. I wish you all the happiness and joy on the day of your wedding. Congratulations!
- Hey congratulations on finding each other. You both make a great pair. The biggest adventure of your life has just begun. Hope you enjoy it to the fullest.
- On this special day, I would like to wish you congratulations to both of you. I hope and wish that your wedding is filled with all the special memories that can be etched in your memory forever.
- Congratulations that you both finally tied the knot!
- You guys make a great couple. I am so happy for you two.
- What a beautiful thing it is that two became one. Congratulations!
- Warmest love and congratulations to both of you.
- Heartfelt congratulations for the newly married couple!
- I feel so much joy to see both of you married. As you join your lives in marriage, I wish the best for you.
- When I see you both making promises and moving forward towards the future, I feel so wonderfully inspired.
Casual Wishes for Wedding
Are you someone who doesn’t feel comfortable with all sorts of formal wedding messages? If yes, then don’t say those. Try to be yourself. Write more casual wedding messages regardless of who the recipient is. Short and sweet things always look fine. So, here are the examples of casual messages.
- Best Wishes!
- Congratulations on the start of your conjugal life!
- We’re extremely happy for both of you. Congrats.
- Wishing you truck loads of happiness and love.
- We love you. Congrats.
- Lots of love to the new couple, today and beyond.
- Here’s a token of my love for the new couple (if you’re including any gift)
- Lots of hugs and kisses to the new couple!
- Wishing you a happy and long marriage!
- Wishing you life’s best today and everyday after.
- Here’s to a long and happy married life.
- My best wishes for a fun-filled future that you may have together.
- So happy that I could celebrate this day with both of you.
Wedding is one of the most special occasions for the couple and for the couple’s best friends and family members. If you wish to spend your best time with the couple, plan ahead of time.
And for the wedding messages that you have to write on the wedding card, take ideas from the above mentioned list. You can either write them as it is or add few words or phrases as per your wish.
Make sure whatever you write on the wedding card is straight from your heart and is genuine. It is only then that your message will evoke the feeling that you want.